The Penn’s Woods Music Festival is a unique summer music festival in the Central Pennsylvania region. A world-class collaboration of professional musicians from the region who are joined with professional musicians from across the nation performing beside Penn State School of Music faculty, alumni, and exceptional students, the festival presents superior musical performances of some of the greatest works from the chamber music and orchestral repertories. PWMF provides some of the most exciting orchestral experiences in the region—standing ovations are certainly a frequent occurrence.
Robyn Krause-Hale, Associate Director of Development
College of Arts and Architecture
107 Borland Building
University Park, PA 16802
Memo line on check: XCCPW -
Music at Penn’s Woods
• A stable budget of $65,000 (70% from individual donations and grants and 30% from ticket sales).
• Successful renewal of grants and annual donor appeals.
• Strong support from Central Pennsylvania Convention and Visitors Bureau.
• A renown reputation of high quality programming and superior performance.
• More than 1,000 enthusiastic and loyal patrons.
• A variety of additional educational activities involving schools, libraries, and Central Pennsylvania retirement communities.
• Increase in first-time ticket buyers each of the past six summers.
• A loyal and enthusiastic advisory council of community activists who support the festival with their time, ideas, attendance, and financial contributions.
• Reach a larger and more diverse audience.
• Add music education programming for families and young children.
• Expand outreach to under-served communities in the region, including the long list of libraries and schools who have requested performance events.
• Add free events in non-traditional venues.
• Attract more individuals outside of Centre County.
Why you? Why Penn's Woods?
• Provides you a greater visibility in the community with your sponsorship of high-quality performing arts.
• Connects you to members of our music-loving community.
• Associates you with a superb summer musical experience contributing to Centre County’s charm to be an attractive place to visit, live and work.