The Festival annually presents four full concerts during the last two weeks of June. In addition, Festival musicians participate in "Music in the Gardens: Healing the Soul," an informal garden concert on the grounds of The Arboretum at Penn State, co-sponsored by Mt. Nittany Health Systems.
Music in the Gardens: Healing the Soul - music performed in the gardens of The Arboretum at Penn State
- Wednesday, June 7, 6:00 p.m. to dusk (rain date June 8) Music begins at 6:30 p.m.
- co-sponsored by Mt. Nittany Health and The Arboretum at Penn State
- free admission
Penn's Woods Music Festival Concerts - Penn State School of Music, Esber Recital Hall
- Wednesday, June 14, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 17, 7:30 p.m. (6:30 p.m. pre-concert talk with Maestro Edelstein)
- Wednesday, June 21, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 24, 7:30 p.m. (6:30 p.m. pre-concert talk with Maestro Edelstein)
Tickets go on sale on April 10, 2017
Inside the Orchestra - Penn State School of Music, 110 Musc I and Esber Recital Hall
Ever wonder what it sounds and feels like to be inside an orchestra? Explore and learn alongside professional musicians how the music gets from the printed page to the stage of Penn's Woods Music Festival. A love of music, a willing ear, and a curious mind will allow you to discover and refine your appreciation for masterpieces of Western music, hence exponentially increasing your enjoyment of the live performances in concert.
- Tuesday, June 6, 10:30 a.m.- Noon
- Tuesday, June 13, 10:30 a.m. - Noon
- Tuesday, June 20, 10:30 a.m. - Noon
Piano Concerto Masterclass - Penn State School of Music, 122 Musc II
Witness the first rehearsal of a soloist and conductor in real time. Participants will get a very personal experience observing Maestro Edelstein and our two pianists, Cecilia Dunoyer and Christopher Guzman, transform what is on the page to sound. During the 90 minute rehearsal, the three artists will openly negotiate musical preferences as they collaborate on Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 10 in E-flat Major, K365/316a (Double). Q&A session will follow.
- Monday, June 12, 2:00 p.m.
Open to the public. Limited seating.
Penn’s Woods Music Festival is a unique summer music festival in the central Pennsylvania region. Showcasing the talents of outstanding community musicians and Penn State faculty, alumni, and students, the festival presents superior musical performances of the great works from the chamber music and orchestral repertories.